How to engage the senior leadership team in a difficult change journey?
Alignment top down
- Get out there and benchmark best in class – see what other companies are doing
- Don’t sugar coat – be open and honest
- Be credible
- Trust people’s intellegence
- Be open to challenge and people venting anger
- What’s in it for the staff on the ground
- Feel uncomfortable with current state – fear of inaction
- Why do we need to change??
- Leadership need to also see what’s the return on investment
- Communicate at all stages of the cgange journey
- What is the ROI – be clear on what the benefits of these changes are going to be